Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Remebering Boston

Today I have been thinking a lot about what happened in Boston yesterday.  I am so saddened that someone would do such a horrible thing! I am so overwhelmed with gratitude for the experience I was able to have there last year.  We went on an amazing trip to New York and Boston with our great friends Jake and Steph, so Steph and I could run the marathon.  I had been thinking about that fun trip and wishing I was there all day yesterday and was shocked when I turned on the news to see what happened.  I was so grateful Steph and I were home safe and sound!  Last year it was almost 90 degrees when we finished.  We felt like death and had a very hard race but I'll take that experience any day  over what happened yesterday.  My heart goes out to those families that have been affected by the tragic events yesterday.
 
Steph and I before the race.  It was already hot at 8 am.
 
 After the race, we survived, just barely!
 
 
My favorite running jewelry that reminds me of Boston and the experiences we had there.
 
 Today I wore my Boston Marathon shirt in remembrance of all of the people in Boston.

I hope that everyone can come together and help those affected by the bombings and that nothing that horrible will happen to any more races.  It has me quite nervous for the Salt Lake 1/2 and full that Jorge, Steph, and I are all running this Saturday. I hope and pray we will all be safe and that we can all run in rememberance of the people who were killed and injured in Boston yesterday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment