Saturday, May 3, 2014

Dino 1/2 Marathon 2014 Recap

This morning our pacing team RunYourRace Pacers got to pace the Dino 1/2 Marathon in Vernal, Utah.  Steph and I were at the front of the pack pacing the 1:40 group.  Many people thought us crazy to want to go to Vernal to run/pace a race.  Little do most people know the hidden gem that is the Dino 1/2 Marathon.  It is a small race, down the beautiful Dry Fork Canyon that's lined with sandstone cliffs and is absolutely beautiful! 


 The sun came up as we were driving up the canyon before the race. 



This crazy fella ran the entire race wearing a blow up dinosaur!


Tall sock twins getting ready to run with the Dinosaurs!


Our pacing crew, they all did awesome and had a great time!




Wait, we need to take a wesie and a sockie ;)




 I loved the scenery and had to take some pictures along the way! 


Today was one of those harder running days, there was a head wind and it heated up fast.  But, we did our pacing job and I'm proud of us for finishing strong, with our official time being 1:39:41.  We placed 3rd and 4th top females (Steph was 2 milliseconds faster then me) and I got 1st place in my age group and Steph got 2nd in her age group.  It goes to show that we worked hard on a challenging course.  We paced this great guy Chad until mile 12, then he took off and finished a minute ahead of us.  He did great and kept thanking us for helping him, that is what pacing is all about and we were so proud he surpassed his planned goal time!
  


Pacing is such a fun and rewarding way to run races.  We get to meet tons of people that share a love for running and help them reach their running goals.  We also get to represent and support some awesome companies that we love; Utah Run, PRO Compression,  Warren Orthodontics, Good2Go Bar, Yogurtland, and  Emergen-C






Our friend Chad told us about this cool hike that not many people know about, it was right off the race course.  We went back later and did the hike and I got to see petroglyphs for the first time in my life.  I was amazed at how awesome they were!  There were even some silly "twins" just like Steph and I ;) 
It was such a fun weekend and I'm so grateful for all of the memories; for Jake, Steph and their kids for being our adopted family, that I got to spend some time with just Kaden, that my parents so willingly kept my younger boys, and for all of our friends that helped us pace and went out of their way to drive to Vernal and pay for hotels to do this with us. I could go on and on but I am functioning on little sleep so I'm going to wrap it up now! Overall a great weekend doing things I love to do! 


1 comment:

  1. About mile 7 we passed the guy wearing the blow up dinosaur outfit. He said, "This wasn't the smartest idea I've ever had." He was worried that it was going to disintegrate by the time he got to the end. I told him that could possibly be a good thing. Wonder if the costume made it all the way to the finish line?

    ReplyDelete